Wednesday, February 01, 2006

i am pretense

In their time of peace and plenty, never does Your name escape their lips
In propitious circumstance when wine flows as free as the cash passing hands their tongues sing praises unto I
The created stands in wonder and awe of himself
They are wise, they are powerful, they are man
They are above such puerile thoughts that they were created
Indeed, You must be of their own cognition
At once a great beast arises
A thing of such great evil wreaking havoc, invoking fear, pain, loss
Oh Great Creator where have You gone they cry
Deliver us from this fiend for You are our savior
They know you not my Lord I say, not as I do
See how I am Your servant
See how I acknowlege the works of Your hand
See how I praise you with arms lifted high
See how wise You have made me
Watch as I go forth and use this wisdom
Days pass as I live this life that I know is so pleasing to You
Weeks go by and I do not call upon your name for I know that You are pleased with me
I become so impatient with those that You must be ashamed of
For they do not know of You as I do
At once a great beast arises
A thing of such great evil wreaking havoc, invoking fear, pain, loss
Oh Great Creator where have You gone I cry
Deliver me from this fiend for You are my savior

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home