Monday, February 06, 2006

The Almighty Pen

It is amazing to me how people who read the Bible and read...I don't know...say..the writings of Paul who is admittedly not perfect, a human man who made mistakes in his life, a man who said and did things that were wrong, and yet for some reason when he puts pen to paper, no matter what he said with that pen and paper, we are to assume that it is completely without flaw. I am not in any way trying to negate the power of the Bible nor am I saying that it is not at all God's word. All I am saying is that it seems foolish, to me, to assume that it is without error. I know this is a broad topic which has been the subject of great contraversy for ages. I just felt like saying it myself for some reason...whatever.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you have to consider that Almighty God, who was capable of creating the entire universe, is capable of seeing to it that the book that was to be a representation of Him for all Time....to All Generations....said ONLY what HE wanted it to say. I don't think that He would be like "Oops, that Paul....put his own stinking opinion in there!! That's NOT what I wanted to say!!" haha It was written by fallable men who were inspired and directed by an infallible God. When determining the inerrancy of God's word, you must look not at the imperfection of men, but at the absolutely perfect God who can accomplish anything He wants through we imperfect humans.

9:33 AM  
Blogger josh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home